Monday, April 30, 2012

Nine down; Seven to go!


Two more atcs were created on my very messy craft desk today. The first theme is mauve and cream which I totally cheated on and used white. I tried the cream flowers but they made me grumpy because the white looked better. Hopefully my swap partner will forgive me (fingers crossed). I used some Bazzill textured cardstock along with some DCWV Pocket Full of Posies paper for the background. Then I coloured up another CS Designs digi stamp and matted it with black to make it pop. Three white silk flowers (really clean cream, if you will) with brad centers, a metal wish charm, and some sparkly comma stickers were all she needed to be happy.
The second atc used a Meljen digi stamp. The theme was turtles and this happy little guy was fun to colour up with my Prisma pencils and a little OMS. I used paper from a stack I've had forever (TPC Studio) and fussy cut the grass for the bottom edge. The background matting is the reverse of the paper. I couldn't quite come up with the message I wanted to include but kept coming back to the idea of stopping to smell the roses. Finally, the lightbulb came on (I'm exhausted from all that thinking) and I knew what I wanted to say: Take time to dance with the butterflies. The little flower brad was just a fun extra touch. Hey, thanks for looking.
Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: