Wednesday, August 22, 2012

SNP Miss You



This cozy chair stamp from Stamp N Plus makes me want to grab a good book and curl up in one. It reminds me of my favourite chair growing up. It also reminds me of The Friendly Giant television show from when I was little...yes, we did have TV back then, Smartie Pants! Anyway, I digress.

I stamped the chair twice, once on green cardstock and another time on pink. Then I coloured the flowers and stems in the fabric and shaded the chairs with Prismacolor pencils, using OMS to blend a little. Next, I coloured the Hello Kitten stamp because she misses you, too. The images were fussy cut and foam tape applied to the chairs.



For the background, I wanted to create the look of wallpaper (from MME Lost & Found Rosy stack)and wainscotting plus a carpet on the  floor. I used my Scor-Buddy to create the look of the wooden slats and the trim on cream cardstock. This was lightly brushed over with Antique Linen Distress ink. The brown textured cardstock formed both the matting for the scene and the floor. To make the scene a little more inviting, and to indicate that time is passing, a clock charm was glued to the wall above the chairs. Three half pearls embellished the top corner and faux stitching framed the entire card. The sentiment was computer-generated, layered on the two background papers and popped up on foam dots. Silver nailhead stickers finished it off.

This card makes me smile which is always a good sign. Hope it does the same for you.

Thanks for visiting. Come back soon. I'll keep the chair ready for you :)

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Amazing how a stamp can produce totally different images, one for her and one for him. I love it! I too had a favorite chair with the same shape but it rocked. I still have a favorite and it rocks too...lol! Your coloration is always spot on! Love love love that clock...awesome touch!!!

ParkNSlide said...

Great details and perfect place for kitty to nap. Of course he chose the darker chair---nothing like white cat hair on the upholstery. That's why it's called "fur"-niture!