Wednesday, August 01, 2012

SNP Sunflower thoughts



I'm a huge fan of sunflowers, partly because I love yellow and also because they are so bold and showy. They make me smile whether I see a single one or a whole field. That's why this Stamp N Plus sunflower stamp was calling my name.

I coloured the image with my Prismacolors and fussy cut it  before gluing it to black cardstock. That piece was popped up on foam squares and layered over green dot paper from MME's Rosy Lost and Found stack. Another layer of black with punched edges was adhered under that to create good contrast and a little interest. Finally a layer of yellow dot from the same stack was matted with black and layered so 1/8" of the white base showed.

The sentiment was computer-generated and mounted on black with nailhead stickers at each end. Although the design of this card is simple, the overall appearance is dramatic because of the bright colours, strong image, and high contrast. It was fun to colour and even more fun to put together.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have time to get craft-messy today.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: