Thursday, November 01, 2012

ATC play

I've been making lots of cards for upcoming posts in the last few days so today I decided to have a play with something different...atcs. I love making atcs. They are great little canvases for experimenting. Atcs are 2 1/2" wide by 3 1/2" long and are fun to trade, use on a card, tag, or journal or just display. I have several little jute clotheslines across a bulletin board and also on the inside of my armoire door (which is always open). I frequently rotate the little art pieces on these, using mini clothespins to hang them.

One atc I created was an opportunity to use some of my new Paula Best stamps. I love the funkiness or quirkiness of her art. I used Scatttered Straw and Worn Lipstick Distress inks for the background and then gave it a couple of flicks with water. More Worn Lipstick was used to ink in a Dylusions stencil. The ART stamp is the bottom portion of Paula Best's art person stamp. The letters were coloured in with Distress markers and doodled with a Micron pen. Half pearls filled in the dots.

Tissue tape was adhered in the top right corner and along the bottom of the atc. The curly girl stamp was inked onto white cardstock and coloured with Prismacolor crayons,then fussy cut and adhered with foam tape. A TH grunge arrow was inked with Black Soot and then lined with white acrylic paint and a TH stamp was used for the splatter dots to the right of ART. The two final touches were the metal dream embellie and the thin black frame around the atc. I trimmed a tiny bit off the card before framing it with the black in order to keep the size the same.

I'll post some of the other atcs over the next couple of days. The styles are all very different from each other...I told you I wanted to play :)

Thanks for visiting today. I hope that you stay safe and that Sandy is finished with his nonsense. My heart goes out to those affected by his madness. We were fortunate to only get the tail end...lots of wind and rain but not too much destruction here.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I wish I could do this kind of art. I just can't relax enough to mix and match everything. Haven't made an ATC in ages but they're lots of fun. This is great Bonnie. Lots to draw the eye. Hugs!

ParkNSlide said...

Love, love, love Paula Best. 1st time I have seen Curly Sue. Those B&W stripes give this a Zetti vibe. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Quirky, whimsical, and just plain gorgeous! Love these images too!!!