Monday, January 07, 2013

Magical New Year


I've been very good at catching up with DT projects so today I decided to just play. I wanted to play along with the Wicked Wednesday atc challenge this week, as well as the DP2 challenge so by using a Mo Manning fairy image, I could do both. A two-fer.

I coloured the Fairy 1 image with Prismacolor pencils and then painted Icicle Stickles on her wings.A Teal metallic gel pen was used to outline the wand and a rhinestone star replaced the one in the image. Then she was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border around the image.




The pink background paper is from DCWV's Far East stack and the brown behind it comes from DCWV's The High School Matstack. Although my camera was uncooperative in capturing this detail, I sprayed Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist through a starburst stencil so that it radiates from behind the fairy. You can see it IRL but it is subtle...just like the fairy...LOL. Before adhering her to the background, an alarm clock charm was threaded onto her dress tie so that it looked to be a little something she carries around with her. New year...time...work with me here, people :)

The sentiment was computer generated, matted in the same brown cardstock, with the word magical given a pink matting to make it stand out a little more. Faux stitching was added to the outside edges of the pink background and a row of rhinestone stars gave the atc a little more sparkle and whimsy. She makes me smile. Who says all fairies shop in the petites section of the Fairy store? She's a woman after my own heart.

Thanks for visiting us today. I am entering her in the following challenges:

Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge ~ Fairy Happy New Year
Mo's DP2 Challenge ~ Anything Goes with a Mo image

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

5 comments:

Denice said...

What a fun and festive image...magical indeed! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wicked Wednesday.
:Dxx

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful image from Mo - delightfully coloured, and a delicious ATC that really lets her shine - lovely!
Alison x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh Bonnie, I adore the clock! The whole thing is just precious, LOVE it. Thank you so much for joining us at Wicked Wednesday. Happy new year, my friend. :)

Debbie said...

this is just adorable, I love all of Mo's faries and you did this to perfection!!!. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's.

Hugs
Debbie

Sharon said...

Oh wow i love this atc - wonderful image! Thanks for joining us at wicked Wednesday!