Friday, March 08, 2013

Daisy Girl ATC


It's hard to believe that a fortnight has passed since the last ATCs With Attitude challenge. This time our theme is Add Flowers. I chose to create with this Daisy Girl stamp from Bugaboo Digi Stamps. I really like the whimsy of this line of stamps. They are a little sketchy and a lot of fun, looking very free spirited to me. I coloured Daisy with Prismacolor pencils, adding Icicle Stickles to her dress and gold metallic pen to the flower centers. She was fussy cut with a narrow white border and then given a black mat before foam dots were adhered to her under side.


The background was created with scraps of patterned paper. The green layer covers the chipboard backing. A torn layer of green polka dot covers the bottom edge and a smaller black and cream striped piece with added stitching detail covers the bottom of the dotty green piece.

Narrow green ribbon with blue stitching was added to the left side of the atc and pieces were folded to suggest leaves. Pink Recollections flowers were inked in the center with Worn Lipstick Distress ink before a flower brad was placed through the center hole. Black half pearls were adhered over the brad centers. Smaller black half pearls were adhered in the top right corner to balance it. The outside edges of the atc were sponged with black gesso to create an imperfect frame.

I hope you pop by the ATCs With Attitude blog to check out the creations by the rest of the DT. This is such a fun and easy theme that I'm counting on you wanting to play along...you know you waaanna :) Thanks for spending some time with Daisy and me today. We always enjoy your visits.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

5 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Bonnie, your ATC is lovely, it is always a surprise to me that so much can be fitted into such a small space! The girl is a real beauty and I love how you 'grounded' her at the bottom. Hugs, Anne x

ParkNSlide said...

The colors are so vibrant---love pink & green together. I had the same observation as Anne: that black and white strip on the bottom edge really grounds the design. I've been playing with some black gesso---never thought of using it on the edges. Thanks for a great idea.

Kim Dellow said...

Love it Bonnie! Bought a smile to my face. Kim

Words and Pictures said...

So delightful - love the bright pink... Just got myself some Picked Raspberry DI - time to start experimenting!
Alison x

Tracy said...

I have this sweetie and how cute is she on an ATC. Love all the flowers and great colors. Hugs!