Thursday, June 20, 2013

Talk about Fabulous...


I am taking an awesome online class right now at Artful Gathering called The Spoken Soul. The instructor, Mary Jane Chadbourne, is awesome. She is a fabulous artist who shares her vast knowledge and enthusiasm so well. I appreciate her teaching style, her inspiration, and encouragement. There are some very talented people taking the class and sharing their works in progress.


We are altering decks of playing cards using mixed media products and techniques and then collaging images and quotes onto the cards to serve as reminders of messages we want to remember or that speak to us in some way. I'm not going to share the usual detail in order to respect Mary Jane's class content but I do want to share some of my almost finished cards. I still need to finish the backs and decide how I want to display these for them to be considered complete.


I am having a blast creating these mini works of art. They are lovely because each card does not have to be completed in one sitting. With the multiple layers and steps, I can spend whatever time I have whether it's ten minutes or hours continuing the creative process. You'll be seeing lots more of them during this six week course. She's teaching another online class in July called House of Cards plus I've ordered the DVD from last's year's class, too. Can you tell I like her and what I'm creating??

Thanks for popping by today. You know I love it when you do that!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

6 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

I can see you are going to new heights Bonnie - these are fantastic! Lovely to hear about the class. Nicola x

ParkNSlide said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! They look like so much fun. I am in awe.

Redanne said...

I am already in love with ATCs but you have taken them to another level with these wonderful creations Bonnie. You are clearly really enjoying yourself too, which is just an added bonus.. Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh they are amazing, Bonnie - I can feel your inspiration and excitement about this work fizzing out of the post and the makes... brilliant!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Look at you! These rock! YOu should be teaching too! I love the images and your background....wow!!!!!

Tracy said...

Oh gosh I love the last one. LOL His facial expression is priceless. These look like so much fun to make. Hugs!