Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Still Altering My Deck


Did you know that there are 52 cards in a deck plus two jokers? That's why I'm still altering the deck of cards I started when I took the Artful Gathering online class by Mary Jane Chadbourne called The Spoken Soul. I do a grouping of three whenever a get a chance to just play or when I need an atc or little mixed media fix :) Anyway, here are my latest three.



The backgrounds are done with Neocolor II crayon + Inktense blocks + Gelatos + Big Brush pens...no science or planning involved. Then a little torn paper, some stencilling, stamping, gesso rings and more playing around. The images are mainly from Deviant Scrap. There's a little washi tape, die cut and punched borders, punched stars, and doodling thrown in for good measure. The edges are inked with Black Big Brush pen and the sentiments are matted in black cardstock.


And I love the process as well as the results. Thanks for letting me share them with you today. That makes me happy.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

7 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Fabulous! If I had to pick my favorite, it would be "Odd." Just love that quote and the photo.

Unknown said...

What a superb idea, Bonnie, I really think I would like to get a deck of cards now, yours are awesome hun xxx

Redanne said...

Another three fabulous ATCs, your colours are just gorgeous and I love the quote on the ODD one, but then I love the dance one too..... you have done a beautiful job on them all. Hugs, Anne x

Lisa Minckler said...

This is fabulous!!! When I read the title, I was expecting to see your back yard....lol. THIS is way cooler! Love what you're making here. :)

Tracy said...

I am just in awe of the angels wings on the first card. How cool is that texture! I say grab another deck when this ones done. :-) Hugs!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love these!!! You've inspired me greatly! Fab designs!

Words and Pictures said...

They're fabulous, Bonnie... I love the Marie Antoinette hair, and the little girl and sentiment on the third one are wonderful.
Alison x