Monday, November 11, 2013

Don't Bee a Stranger ~ CYP Challenge 188


It's time for a new challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges and this week the theme is Add Some Doodling. Easy-peasy since that is one of my favourite things to do. I was so excited to play with this fabulous collection from our wonderful sponsor, Doodle Pantry. I have such a wish list for that store! This image is called Birdie Bee and comes with all sorts of goodies. I coloured Birdie with Prismacolor pencils, adding two black half pearls to his antennae. He was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border.


The three background papers come with the Doodle Pantry image. I love how beautifully they coordinate. No brainer for Bonnie...yay! The two fishtail flags were cut with an MFT die and then all three shapes were matted in black cardstock for better definition. Once the flags were adhered to the bee background, Birdie was glued on top. A black punched photo corner was placed in the top left corner and a white threaded button adhered on top of it.


The sentiment is also part of the image packet, one of several actually. I doodled a frame around the sentiment and fussy cut around it. A small bee button was adhered to the bottom corner before it was popped up on a foam tape. Birdie was outlined with black pen and a border was added to the white base layer and next to the photo corner. Then Birdie and I called it "done".

Thanks for joining Birdie and me today. We are both wearing the smiles you brought us. If you get a chance, pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to see the awesome inspiration provided by the rest of my talented teamies. We'd love to see your doodle-rific projects, too. Remember, faux stitching is a type of doodling. Come join the party :)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create ~ #45 Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody ~ #33 Anything Goes
Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge ~ #40 Any Digi Goes
Dream Valley Challenges ~#69 Humour
That Craft Place ~ Sentiment
The Squirrel and the Fox ~ #56 Animal Antics
Brown Sugar Challenge ~ #67 Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenges ~ Sing, sing a song  (inspired by Honey Bee by Blake Shelton)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

15 comments:

Tracy said...

All those added doodles really make a difference on this card Bonnie. Wonderful composition as always. Hope all is well with you. Hugs!

~ginny said...

OK - you have inspired me to get my Zentangle hat on and do some doodling on my next card! I love the frame around the sentiment! I also love your highlighting skills as always! Nicely done my friend!
I got permission this week finally to climb stairs so I am back in my RubberRoom and playing again at last!
~ginny

Blossom Cards said...

lovely cute card thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week Rachel DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh my...what a lovely card...such a cute image and sentiment. I love them both. thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

Lynn, DT BSCB
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

Amy A said...

Bonnie this is just too cute!! Love the doodles and your coloring is impeccable, as always! This just makes me smile!
Hugs,
Amy (DT Sis)

Debbie said...

This birdie card is so cute!! I love your doodling and all the extra touches!! Fun card!
Thanks for playing along with us at DPDC40!!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I just love how you brought all the papers and images together...perfect...down to the two black pearls...Thank you for sharing and joining the November Doodle Pantry Challenge #40.

L.Wilson said...

Incredible coloring and super sweet design! The cloud around the sentiment and the bee charm are adorable accents. Thanks for entering the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 40 and for using a Doodle Pantry illustration.

Unknown said...

I love this fabulous card! Your coloring is amazing and I love your doodling around the sentiment! Thanks for joining us for DPDC40!

Stacey said...

Great card thanks for joining us at That Craft Place
Stacey x
www.lasatas.blogspot.com

Words and Pictures said...

He's such a cutie - buzzy busy colours... so fabulous!
Alison x

Michelle said...

'Wow Bonnie,
I love your card. The bee is coloured so great and the papers fit fantastic.
xxx Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully coloured little birdie.Great use of the papers and the black layering gives impact to the whole design.You've framed everything beautifully with your doodling,especially the sentiment.The bee button is a sweet touch on this very cute card.
Lisa x

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Bonnie! The papers are wonderful and you have made great use of them! Nicely composed and executed! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Vickie ODell said...

Somehow doodling always intimidates me, but you made it look fun and easy! I especially love what you did with the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your art with Doodle Pantry!