Friday, November 29, 2013

Gimme a little kiss! ~ Craftitude Challenge #54


I cannot believe it is already the end of November. Was it not just the beginning of September yesterday? My, oh my! Well, it is time for another challenge at Craftitude Challenges. This fortnight the theme is Button Up and we are asking you to add a button to your project. Easy peasy! We have two fabulous sponsors this time, Digi Darla and Eureka Stamps. I chose to play with Eureka Stamps' Mistletoe Couple for my ATC.  I think these two are so cute in their Christmas finery puckering up under the mistletoe. I coloured them with my Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut them, using a tiny circle punch for the greenery.


The paper is from DCWV's The Christmas Combo stack which I think I will never use up in my lifetime. There are 180 12x12 sheets in this baby. That's a lot of cards and atcs...lol. Anyway, I used a brown holly patterned tone on tone paper for the background and then cut a scalloped border off the same paper. A length of red and white dotty ribbon was adhered next to the scalloped border and faux stitching was done with a Micron pen. Two green buttons were stacked and threaded with brown and white baker's twine before they were glued on top of the red grosgrain ribbon. The mistletoe was popped up on a foam dot and a Walnut Brown Big Brush pen was used to edge the ATC and colour in a floor to ground the sweethearts.

Thank you for popping by today to visit with the three of us. I really appreciate that you took the time to do that. Be sure to stop by the Craftitude Challenges blog to see the Button Up projects created by the rest of our fine team. Then dig into that button stash and join us this fortnight. Well, I don't know about you but I'm going to leave these two alone now...they told me three's a crowd :D

I am entering this ATC in the following challlenges:
4 Crafty Chicks ~ Christmas
Crafty Ribbons ~ #72 Anything Goes with ribbon
Crafting by Designs ~ Christmas/Winter
Charisma Cardz Challenges ~ #46 Christmas
Craft-Room Challenge ~ Vintage Christmas

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

7 comments:

Mervi said...

Thank you Bonnie for sharing this such a lovely vintage card at Craft-Room Challenge, welcome again;-))m

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fun card, thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

Leanne said...

Cute image. I like the ribbon! Nice button too! Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Leanne DT@4CC!

Words and Pictures said...

They're such fun - a match made under the mistletoe!
Alison x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Those vintage illustrations are very charming. Blessings!

Annie said...

Hi Bonnie :-) this is a lovely image and the couple are very charming in their vintage clothing. Thank You for joining in with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight x

hazel said...

I love your card, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room challenge.
xxx Hazel.