Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Tummy ~ CYP Challenge 189


We have a new challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges this week. The theme is Buttons Galore and it's a great opportunity to do a little stash busting. I don't know about you but I have tons of buttons, some new and some inherited. Love them all. I can remember as a little kid, emptying my Mom's button jar on the floor and sorting, sorting, sorting :) Some things never change although it seems to take a bit longer to get up from that floor these days...LOL.  Anyway, I digress...we want to see you use some of those buttons you've been stashing on your project this week.


 I was able to play with this hilarious QKR Stampede image called Happy Tummy. QKR has some of the best characters! I coloured him with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut him. One little trick I used in colouring the apple was to apply white pencil to the apple skin which is black on the image. This allowed my red to show up better and created depth and shading as well. Happy was popped up on foam tape over a die cut circle embossed with a basket weave design. The circle was also popped up on foam tape. I doodled around a computer generated "burp" (excuse him!) and cut out the speech bubble using white half pearls for the dots. To me, he looks like people do after a huge Thanksgiving meal.


The background papers are a mix of patterns from MME pads. The striped paper was cut into four and adhered with a space between the sections. An MFT banner die was used to cut the flag border pieces at the top and white paint pen dots were added to the left side of them.


The seven buttons were threaded onto three lengths of black embroidery floss and adhered to the background with glue dots. Molly, my cat, was particularly helpful at this stage.The floss was then taped to the back of the black matting. The sentiment was computer generated, cut, and faux stitched before being popped up on foam dots for added dimension.

Thanks for joining Happy and me today. I hope he gave you a smile... like he did for me. Actually, you did, too, because I enjoy your visits. If you get a minute, pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to see the other fun QKR Stampede images my talented teamies chose. Check out the Buttons Galore over there...maybe you'll be inspired to play along.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create ~ #46 Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody ~ #33 Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time ~ #190 Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge ~ #187 Fur and Feathers
Brown Sugar Challenge ~ #68 Thanksgiving
Eureka Stamps Challenge #66 Thanksgiving

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

17 comments:

katslittlepassion said...

Oh Bonnie I love your card! This image is so cute! And i love how you used the button!
Kat

Tracy said...

Oh yes he definitely made me think of after Thanksgiving ridiculousness. LOL I just love the way you used the buttons Bonnie. Very creative! Hugs!

Chana Malkah said...

Bonnie this is just fabulous! The image is cute and so indicative of what many will look like after a Thanksgiving meal! You use of the buttons is very creative and definitely add extra 'Umph" to an already marvelous design! Thanks for dropping this into our mailbox here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Unknown said...

Great card
Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
Hugs Katie x

~ginny said...

Morning toots! I REALLY like the way you attached the buttons! I've never seen that before - chalk another innovation up to my creative friend! LOL!
~ginny

Redanne said...

He really did make me smile - BIG! How cute is he. I love your colouring, the design is wonderful and I love how you used the lovely buttons. Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

Hmm... I think he may have overdone it just slightly! Love the dynamic papers and stringing of the buttons - such a cool graphic design.
Alison x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a lovely card...love how those buttons are attached. That image just makes me feel full too. Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar.

Lynn, DT BSCB
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

KraftyKoolKat said...

This made me smile, he looks like I feel. Lol!!! Super creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxxx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the whimsy image. Wonderful coloring. Thank you entering this wonderful card in at OSAAT Ch190 Anything Goes.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
OSAAT DT

caroline said...

great card Bonnie, love the image and they way you have used the buttons, great coloring. Thanks so much for joining us over at brown sugar, good luck and hope to see you again
caroline
brown sugar dt

Unknown said...

Just adorable.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Ingrid Mason said...

Thank you for the big smile you've given me with your very amusing image Bonnie oh, and I wonder how long it took you to select your buttons for this card. Like you, I love buttons and have inherited a number of button boxes from my family. Takes me ages to select the right buttons as I do tend to take a journey down memory lane as a button catches my imagination. This is a great card that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

sian said...

This is great I love what you have done with the image and love what you have done with the buttons. good luck in the challenge, hope you can join us for future challenges, Sian (OSAAT DT)

Unknown said...

Bonnie he is absolutely gorgeous and so nicely coloured he is awesome and makes a great thanks giving card. I love the die cuts and the combination of stringed buttons was a great touch as is the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at One Stitch At A Time.Anita DT xx

Crafting Vicky said...

What an awesome layout!!! Love the way you have added the buttons. And fabulous use of the pearls for the speech bubble. Love it.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Crafting Vicky

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh,Bonnie.Your little narrative about sifting thru' your Mom's buttons took my right back to my childhood.
You have the knack of picking the most quirky images and working your magic with your pencils on them.Great use of the image and such a creative way to display all those buttons.I bet you're glad your cat took the time to help you:)
Lisa x