Monday, November 04, 2013

You Da Man! ~ CYP Challenge187


Wow! We have had so much precipitation lately that I had a hard time getting a decent set of photos for today. We've had snow, sleet, rain and more rain for days. And then there's the wind...good thing I come with my own ballast or I would have blown away...lol. Anyway, we have a new challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges this week and it's one I never tried before: more than one fold. I have no idea why I didn't attempt this before...it was so fun and I love the results. Look out world...I'm going to be a folding fool!


One of our sponsors this week is Bugaboo Stamps which I adore. The quirkiness of some of their images just calls out to me. I chose Mustache Man for my card. He makes me laugh and reminds me of a Dr. Seuss character with a Bugaboo twist. I coloured him with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut him. His buttons are small black gems and I adhered a masonite monacle from Retro Cafe Art over the monocle on the image. I filled the monacle and covered the watch face with Glossy Accents for shine and dimension. A little gold gel pen accented the rim of the watch.


The background paper comes from MME's Lost & Found Rosy paper pad. It was cut to fit the panels and then inked around with Vintage Photo Distress ink before being adhered to the black center step base. The corner Vs were cut with a Martha Stewart punch. Mustache Man was added to the center panel with Foam tape and the lettering is shimmery stickers. Four black and white brads were inked with a brown copic as were the black and white buttons so they would blend better with the vintage paper. They were added to either side of the two puffy mustache stickers which decorate the side panels. The buttons were threaded with embroidery floss and Glossy Accented to the lower side sections to finish off the design.


I want to thank all of you for visiting today and Mustache Man for helping me with my first ever multi-fold card. He was very generous with his advice. Be sure to check out the wonderful creations on the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog shared by the rest of my talented teamies. I hope you'll decide to join us for our More Than One Fold challenge because I'm on the prowl for different folded designs...now that I've got my feet wet :)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create ~ #44 Anything Goes/No Twist
Dream Valley Challenges ~ #69 Humour
Quirky Crafts ~ #22 Make Us Laugh
Catch the Bug ~ Anything Goes
Natalie and Amy's Challenge ~ #14 For the Boys
Sweet Stamps ~ monthly technique challenge Center Step Cards
Card Crafter's Circle ~ #99 Cute Cards

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Bonnie,
I love the card. I like the bright colours of the image and the vintage colours of the background. It looks fantastic.
xxx Michelle

~ginny said...

LOL! My first time to comment for my new team and look who pops up? Why the "Folding Fool"! Bonnie, you are going to have so much fun, making things pop off the pages of your journals now! This one is absolutely delightful!! The grunge but very intricate background is perfect for the primary colors you chose for Mustache Man. I LOVE this card first for the colors and then for all the detailed elements decorating the folds. Super job my creative friend! Thank you for playing “Anything Goes” at our house!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave. C
Personal blog: RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Tracy said...

He's the man indeed. Your fun fold looks amazing Bonnie! Hope all is well with you. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Wow...I absolutely love this. You brought a huge smile to my face. All of your elements are just perfect for this card. Thank you for playing along with our 613 Avenue Create Challenge #44.

Amy A said...

Bonnie, I love this!! Your coloring is magnificent! and those mustache embellies are so perfect! Well done hun!

~hugs~
Amy (DT SIS)

Words and Pictures said...

Oh my word... I'm so sorry I'm so behind, Bonnie! Crazy work week on the back of the big house move means I'm sorely in need of catching up (with sleeping as well as crafting and blog-visiting!)... Love this moustachioed chap, and the fab masculine background papers and extra taches!!
Alison xx

Jennifer said...

This is one fabulous mustashe man! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

alex said...

Wow what a wonderful masculine card, love your fun image and fab design, thank you for playing on our street, 613 Avenue Create
Alex x

Donna K said...

he really IS the man…such a cute card. love your coloring!! thank you for joining us at sweetstamps.com for the combined challenge! ~donnak

Jenn Zeeb said...

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes challenge” with Bugaboo Stamps! Just loved your card, and hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

Bugaboo Stamps DT
Jenn Zeeb

CraftYourPassion said...

Oh Bonnie he looks splendid all coloured up!The vintage papers provide the perfect contrast against the vibrant colours as well as complimenting the style of the image.The embellishments bring everything together beautifully.
Lisa x

Sharon said...

A fabulous humorous card. Love it. Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
Hugs Sharon.



Nellies Handmade Cards





Sheryl said...

Amazing project! Your work is so detailed and precise. Thanks for joining us at NATALIE & AMY’S this month. Please stop by again. Hugs Sheryl xx