Monday, December 02, 2013

We Washi You a Merry Christmas ~ CYP Challenge 191


Isn't that theme title a hoot! That's our Lisa for you. I love her quirky sense of humour. For this Craft Your Passion Challenge, we would like to see you add washi tape to your Christmas creation. Our wonderful sponsor this week is 2 Cute Ink ... one look at their images and you'll see where they got the name. The images have a huge cute factor but not in a syrupy way. They just make me grin... like the one I used on this card does. He's called Reindeer Lights and I love how he's chosen to demonstrate his Christmas spirit. I coloured Reiny with my Prismacolor pencils, added a bit of silver metallic gel pen to the stems of the light bulbs, and cut him out with Spellbinders Lacey Ovals die.


The background starts with a white base and a kraft rectangle adhered to that. The red dotty paper which comes from DCWV's The Christmas Stack was cut to slightly bigger than the scalloped oval. White paint pen stitching was doodled around each layer and the image was popped up on foam tape for added dimension. Two lengths of Christmas washi tape were adhered to white cardstock and fussy cut. By backing the washi tape in white, the pattern becomes more pronounced because the translucent tape can't pick up the kraft colour from behind. Fishtail ends were cut in the ends of the washi tape and they were glued and then stapled to the background with the tiny attacher.


Three sparkly white snowflake buttons were popped up on foam once the shanks were removed and then added to the top left side.


Thanks for joining Reiny (Rudolph's little brother) and me today. We always appreciate that especially when things are so busy with holiday preparations and celebrations. If you get a chance, please pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to see the fun creations of the rest of our wonderful DT. I'm hoping that you'll join us for the "We Washi You a Merry Christmas" challenge.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create ~ Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time ~ #192 Use a digi
Robyn's Fetish ~ #188 Christmas cards
Corrosive Challenges ~ #188 Happy Holidays
Allsorts ~ #235 Inspired by a winter song/carol (Rudolph the red nosed reindeer))
Time 4 Scrap ~ #26 Christmas with an animal

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

17 comments:

Daria said...

Funny :) I love it!

Ingrid Mason said...

What a chuckle I'm having with your image Bonnie ....It did flash through my mind that perhaps my cats would like their tails lit up with Christmas lights this year but as Leo lost his tail in an accident far be it for me to treat one of my boys differently from the other :-) The faux stitching on the deep red backing paper is so striking ....I'm wishing I could play with your button box and I am very taken with fthe way you have used your washi tape. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

Unknown said...

Bonnie, this is brilliant, do you know I never think off using Washi tape hun xxx

Scrap d'Aurane said...

Très jolie carte. Merci d'avoir participé au challenge Time4Scrap. Aurane/DT-T4S

Anonymous said...

Just love the kraft/red/white combo.A real winner.You've showcased the image and your colouring perfectly.The buttons are a cute finishing touch.
Glad someone appreciates my strange sense of humour ;)
Lisa x

brenda said...

Still on the copy and paste I am afraid but wanted to pop in any take a peek at your latest make, say hello and thank you for joining in a Allsorts challenge.

B x

Michelle said...

This is so adorable and the title is cute. I love the frame that you used with this reindeer. Thank You for sharing over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog

Michelle (DT)

Laurence said...

Adorable card, really like the ribbons. And I adore that reindeer. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
Laurence DT

verybellemakes said...

Such a cute card, the image is adorable and the tapes are so festive!! Thanks for sharing at One Stitch At A Time and good luck in the challenge.

Victoria DT

Planetsusie said...

As I am getting a little better after being poorly, I saw this and boy, did it make me smile! It certainly gave me a boost and I just love how you have placed the papers around the image. This is a great card.

Thank you for playing with us at OSAAT this week, I do hope you join us again soon.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

Chana Malkah said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully colored image and I love your Washi Tape Banners. Very nice composition! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz
Chana, Owner

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Gorgeous and stunning card...that little reindeer is so lovely and you coloured him/her so well. I love the added buttons and ribbon too...very festive indeed.

Thanks for joining us this week at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck.

Lynn, OSAAT DT

julie said...

So cute, I love your coloring !
Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !

Sarah said...

Gorgeous festive card Bonnie, I love how you've coloured the image. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Inspired by a Christmas Song/Carol challenge x

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful colored image, cute too.
Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
DT Nataliya

Michelle said...

Hi Bonnie,
I love your reindeer. It is so cute and coloured so nice.
xxx Michelle (DT sister)

Kaylee Snyder said...

Bonnie, your Prismacolor pencil coloring always leaves me breathless. I love how vibrant the color is. I need some lessons from you! ;)