Friday, June 13, 2014

Flowers and Lace ~ Craftitude Challenge 67


Hi there! Thanks for joining me on my last post as owner and DT member for the Craftitude Challenges blog. While I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this team and have learned so much about managing a challenge blog, I have found that I was spending less and less time creating which was not what I wanted. I love the creative process and that's how I like to spend my time so I have decided to step down and my wonderful team mate, Carla Hiebert has agreed to take over the Craftitude Challenges blog. The funny thing is that right after I sent my letter to the team closing this door, another opportunity which fit my wish to spend more time creating presented itself. Don't you love when that happens!

Our current challenge theme is Flowers and Lace as well as our usual Anything Goes. Our sponsor  is the fabulous Dilly Beans. Megan's images always bring a smile to my face with their whimsy and fun  characters. I chose to play with Mimi's Heart Flowers Framed for my ATC. I coloured Mimi and her hearts with Prismacolor pencils and then cut the image next to the frame. I layered this onto black cardstock cut to the traditional 2.5 x 3.5" size. A strip of lace trim was adhered to the bottom of the image rectangle and flowers with gem or pearl centers were clustered in the lower left corner. Simple and sweet! (No, not me...the design!)

Mimi and I thank you for joining us today. I would like to thank the Craftitude team and our followers for joining me on this journey. I wish you all the best in the future!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

3 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Sweet card...I love the bit of lace on the bottom border. Can't wait to hear more about your new adventure.

~ginny said...

I am bummed you are leaving Craftitude... but glad you wrote the explanation - makes me totally understand where you are coming from. Hope that new adventure is with Rick St Dennis - and I do look forward to following you there! Happy creating my friend!
~ginny

Unknown said...

Totally understand about the time thing. I love your ATC's Bonnie, they just make me happy. x