Monday, June 23, 2014

Wake Your Dreams ~ CYP Challenge #219


Happy Monday...hope that's not an oxymoron for you! We have a new challenge at Craft Your Passion this week that isn't a stretch for me at all...Bold Colours! They tend to be part of my go-to palette, usually the more vibrant, the better for me! 2 Cute Ink is our wonderful sponsor for this challenge and I chose to play with this adorable image called Owl Doodle. She makes me smile. I coloured Ms. Hootie with my Prismacolor pencils and cut out the image with a Spellbinders Labels One die. The edges were inked with Salty Ocean Distress ink, doodled around, and matted with black cardstock.



The background paper comes from an Amy Tangerine pad, inked on the edges with Black Soot Distress ink, and was also matted in black. The sentiment from Create With TLC was printed on white cardstock and cut into a circle. The black matting was punched to mat it and foam tape was placed on the back.


The stacked flowers are felt buttons with small white punched circles on top and black threaded buttons as the last layer. The leaves were cut from green felt. A half inch strip of the same black cardstock was added near the bottom of the card for better balance and design interest.

Thanks for stopping by today. Ms. Hootie and I appreciate your support...which she would tell you if she didn't keep dozing off :) When you get a chance, pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to check out the BOLD colours projects from the rest of our fabulous team. We would love to have you play along with us. I can never get enough of those vibrant colours.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute!!! I love the mix of colors and that sweet little owl. :)

Michelle said...

Hi Bonnie,
your card is so sweet. I love the background you used and the little flowers.
xxx Michelle (DT sister)