Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Altered Playing Cards


Hi all. Since I didn't have many DT projects due this week, I thought it was a great opportunity to write a post featuring a few more of my altered playing cards. These are some of my favourite things to make JFF and JFJ (Just for Joy). I always keep some prepped and ready to play with so that when I get some minutes, they are good to go.



The backgrounds are created with whatever media I have on my desk or feel like playing around with...often Neocolor II crayons, Gelatos, Big Brush pens, and Derwent Inktense blocks. I add stencilling with gesso, stamping with Ranger Archival inks, and scraps and bits left over from other projects. I have a little bin on my desk at all times where I deposit any bits and pieces that I think might come in handy for these...die cut pieces, embossed ones, off-cuts...whatever.


The images most often come from Mischief Circus collage sheets. They are sized to fit, fussy cut, and often matted on black cardstock to frame them. Stickles, doodling, and other small embellies are added to make them my own. The sentiments are printed on white cardstock, matted in black, and often popped up on foam tape. The outside edges of each card are always inked with Black Big brush pen in a loose messy way. To finish the backs, I either add heavy cardstock and trim it to fit or add a second playing card so the back shows but the card itself is two layers making it sturdier.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate that. I will be posting another set of three altered playing cards later this week. I could play with these forever...lol.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

I love your altered playing cards. The colors are always so vibrant and I love how you use black to outline and as contrast. The saying are always so clever and the expressions on the faces are the best.

Teresa said...

Fabulous Bonnie - and the perfect way to use your left over bits and bobs to create something beautiful x