Friday, April 03, 2015

Altered Playing Cards ~ JFF


Hi all! I have a few more altered playing cards which I completed just for the sheer joy of it! I love playing with these little pieces of art and creating little stories for them inside my head. I will soon have to prep another deck of cards...not my favourite part but a necessary step. I like to have them ready to play with so that when I have time or the mood strikes, they are good to go. As usual, the backgrounds are a mix of Neocolor II crayons activated with water, gelatos, and Big Brush pens


Stamping and stencilling are done with Archival inks or gesso. Scraps of designer paper, embossed bits, burlap, drywall mesh, and left over bits of die cuts and layered and adhered to make a pleasing compostion. At this point I usually don't know which image or sentiment will be added. I work in stages and tend not to complete an entire card in one sitting.


The images used here mostly come from Mischief Circus. Fabulous images there...a huge selection. They are fussy cut and matted in black before being trimmed again. Glossy Accents were added to the buttons and nose of the bear as well as tiny black pearls for his eyes. Some images are popped up on foam tape, others glued directly to the background. Once the images are auditioned on the backgrounds, I add in any extra texture or layering needed to suit the layout and then adhere them. The sentiments are computer generated, cut apart, and matted with black so they show against the busy background. Any extra embellies are added like the eyeglasses or the brad to complete the story. The edges are inked with Black Big brush pen and heavy designer cardstock is added to the back.

Thanks for dropping by today. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. It makes my day!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute (and funny)! I also just bought a set of flash cards to do this very thing. Your cards are all so whimsical, I can't pick a fave. xxD