Tuesday, April 07, 2015

TEW New Release ~ Diva Lisa "Cheeky Lisa"


Hi everyone. I hope you had a wonderful long weekend whether you celebrate Easter or not. Since it's Tuesday, it's time for a new release at The East Wind. Today's new release is called Diva Lisa "Cheeky Lisa". Love her attitude and how confident she seems. She makes me smile. The name is a hoot because she is cheeky in more way than one.


I coloured Lisa with Prismacolor pencils using a few Polychromos to shade her skin. Lisa was fussy cut close to the lines and matted with black before being trimmed again. She was then popped up on foam tape and given a magazine to look at while she waited.


The background started as a manila tag which I spritzed with California Poppy Gold Starburst spray on the top and Delphinium Turquoise and Afternoon Delight Denim on the bottom. because the yellow was a bit more gold than I wanted for the washi tape, I added Lemon Yellow gelato over the spray so the colours worked better together. White embossing paste was scraped through TCW's Halftone Borders stencil with a palette knife to provide a little texture. The washi tape was mounted on white cardstock, trimmed, and then adhered to the background top and bottom of the tag.


The edges of the tag were inked with Black Big Brush pen before the tag was matted with black cardstock. Diva Lisa was adhered using the bottom washi tape to ground her. The sentiment which is something I used to say when I was little (cheeky little thing that I was) and also in high school if someone made a negative comment about my funky way of dressing. It seemed to me like something Lisa would say as well. The topper was created by stapling two lengths of black and white ribbon to the tag with my tiny attacher.

Thanks for joining Cheeky Lisa and me today. To see creations using this new release by other on the TEW DT, pop over to the TEW Facebook group. Tons of inspiration there for sure! We would love to see what you create with her, too.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Creaciones Isha said...

Great tag....love the colors!!