Thursday, September 10, 2015

Just doin' my Happy Dance ~ A Rick St. Dennis tag


Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a mixed media tag created to celebrate the Happy Dance...that feeling of excitement, sheer joy, and delight. I chose to use this adorable fairy to represent doing the happy dance. Her name is Summer Fairy and she is available in Rick's Etsy shop.. She also needed a stage or platform where she could hop up and strut her stuff. One of the mushroom clusters from Rick's Wonderland Elements Set One seemed the perfect choice for a wee faerie. I must say, I absolutely love these elements sets. They provide such wonderful settings and help customize so many images. I love how they help tell the story.


I coloured both images with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils adding some yellow gel pen to the flower centers to make them pop. I fussy cut each image and then glued them together by Summer's feet. Then the new single image was adhered to black cardstock and trimmed out again. Foam tape was added to the back to add dimension and create shadow.



The background began as a rectangle of mixed media paper which was spritzed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Tibetan Poppy Teal and Bells of Ireland Green Starburst sprays. Both contain mica and have the most wonderful shimmer. Black cardstock was cut to a #10 size tag and the sprayed paper was then cut to fit as two sections. A star stamp and one with text were inked with Forget-Me-Not Archival ink and added in several places. A border was doodled with black pen and black splatter dots were created with a TH stamp and jet Black Archival ink.


Before the bottom section was adhered to the tag, the sentiment was printed onto it. Three small washi tape flags were applied to the sides and tiny polka dot buttons adhered with Glossy Accents to those flags. To complete the tag, two lengths of turquoise and four of blue polka dot grosgrain ribbon were added to the top.

Thanks for joining Summer and me today. We always appreciate that. It gives us both a reason to do the happy dance. You know what else gives us a reason to do our Happy Dances? Well, have you seen Rick's new Alice in Wonderland themed Alice 150th Birthday Colouring Book for Adults? It's also available on Amazon. I am so excited...I'm going to have to find a bigger mushroom so I can dance on it, too.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: