Friday, December 16, 2016

Java...Java...


Hi everyone! I needed to take a break from Christmas images and this image from Bloobel Stamps has been calling me very loudly. Her name is Just One Coffee and she makes me laugh. I know that desperate look in her eyes where you just know that a small regular just isn't going to do it...LOL


I coloured her with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils and fussy cut her leaving a narrow white border. That thickens all those crazy hair strands so they are less likely to tear off in the fussy cutting or gluing. I then matted her with black card stock and trimmed her out again leaving a narrow black border which helps her show against the background. Foam tape was used to pop her up and create a natural shadow.


The background was created using my gel plate and pulling prints onto white card stock. I used two colours of pink Liquitex Basics acrylic paint and brayered them onto 1/2 of the 5  x 7 inch plate. Then I used a bottle cap to create rings and stamped the lid off each time on the other 1/2 of the plate. I cleaned the brayer horizontally across the page and then printed the gel plate design vertically on the same page. Extra pattern and texture was added with Carabelle Studios Texture Etoiles Stamp and Magenta Hue Archival Ink. More was applied with Cactus Flower Archival Ink and a VLV numbers stamp. The word Java was stamped repeatedly with Jet Black Archival ink and the stitching pattern was stamped with the same ink.


To give my coffee fiend a place to stand, two washi tapes, one which had been punched with holes, were layered near the bottom. The sentiment was printed on white card stock, cut apart and matted with black. Foam Tape was used to pop each word up. Two coffee themed buttons were adhered in opposite corners to emphasize the diagonal line of the image. Black Big Brush pen was used to edge the background before it was adhered to a black card stock rectangle cut slightly larger to serve as a frame to the page.

Thanks for popping by today. The crazy coffee lady and I appreciate you doing that. To see more of Lisa's wonderful quirky images, be sure to stop by Bloobel.com. You are sure to smile and to find many Must-Haves there!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I had to come and leave a comment here too! I love everything about this. The image is just fantastic! I think my family would say that it looks like me before my first coffee of the day! I really like the words too. Brilliant! xx

Tink said...

LOVE IT!!