Thursday, December 08, 2016

Joggles Art Journal Adventure ~ Week 48 Response


Hi everyone! Barb's prompt for Week 48 of the Joggles Art Journal Adventure was to repeat an all over design. She used a little triangle gel plate and created a very cool page. I struggled with this one, trying to come up with my own version of this. Finally I came up with what I thought was a workable idea and when I finished...I really disliked it. Hmm...I lived with it for a day or two and then decided that it would be much better used as small collage pieces on another project entirely. Back to the drawing board! Then I realized that I needed to create a repeated design in my own style and just follow the spirit of the prompt.


I grabbed a previously sprayed Starburst Sticky Snippets page where most of the starbursts had already been used and what was left was the negative or background area. The colours which I had used to create the original Sticky Snippets were Lindy's Stamp Gang Hag's Wart Orange, Hottie Patottie Hot Pink, and Yellow Rose of Texas Starburst sprays plus the Joggles Ancient Ruins Stencil. I peeled the background away from the backing sheet a little at a time and adhered it to the page. To create more of a repeating pattern, Stampotique's Dot Swirl and Kate's Doodle Cube were stamped onto the page with Brilliance Rocket Red Gold Ink.


A silhouette of a cat was printed, fussy cut, and painted over with Liquitex Basics Black acrylic paint to even out the black. The white edges were inked with Black Big Brush Pen and he was adhered so his tail touched the bottom of the page. Shading was done under and around him with Inktense  and Stabilo pencils activated with a water brush. A butterfly punched from black card stock was adhered above him and a flight line was doodled in to create movement.


To complete the page, Black Big Brush Pen was used to outline the three sides and a black pen was used across the top edge of the Sticky Snippets sheet. Idea-ology Ransom Letters were adhered in the upper right quadrant to spell Cat. This ended up being a very simple page design but it makes me happy. The colour palette, the all over pattern, and the two silhouettes are true to my style and the prompt pushed me out of my comfort zone which is one of my favourite things about the Art Journal Adventure.

Thanks for popping by today. I appreciate that. If you haven't already joined our wonderful Art Journal Adventure Facebook group, you can do that here. We would love to have you play along with us and it's a lovely group of art-minded people to hang out with, learn from, and be inspired by. If you join now, you'll have a better idea if you want to play along in 2017.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: