Saturday, December 10, 2016

Joggles Art Journal Adventure ~ Week 49 Response


Hi everyone! It's a beautiful snowy day here and I created an art journal page featuring flowers...LOL. I can't believe that we are already at Week 49 of the 2016 Art Journal Adventure. It's been an awesome journey. I'm looking forward to 2017 :) Barb's prompt for this week was to add paint to our pages using a brayer. I actually do that fairly often so I decided to tweak it a little. First of all, Barb used one of my favourite colour palettes (black, pink, orange) so that was too comfy for me. I switched to blues and did my doodling with white instead of my usual black.


Barb used two colours for the background layer but I decided to use three shades of Liquitex Basics  blue: Ultramarine Blue; Cerulean Blue Hue; Light Blue Permanent. I spread two colours at a time onto my gel plate in order to blend them. I started with the lightest and the medium colour and applied a brayer width beginning in the center. I reloaded, flipped the brayer over and overlapped the lightest colour, this time moving toward the left. The process was repeated with the medium and darkest colours, keeping the darkest to the outside edge and working into the center. Flip and repeat going to the left. The three colours were blended at the overlaps and because the brayer was nearly dry, I brayered over the center to bring some of that dark colour onto the middle and lightest sections.


While the gel plate was already painty, I blended a little  of the medium, light blues and the white. I loaded the oval foam stamp several times and stamped off onto the variegated page. I also pulled a print from the plate to use for another project. Why waste paint if you don't have to!


Once everything was dry, I traced the flower and some leaves from Joggles/Margaret Applin's Flora & Fronds #12 stencil with my white Signo pen to create two different flowers. One of the leaves from Flora & Fronds #10 was used to add small foliage to the bottom of each flower. A combination of Sharpie White Paint pen and the white Signo, doodles were added to the openings of the petals and leaves.


A butterfly was hand drawn with the Sharpie pen and doodled to decorate the inside.

The sentiment was created with white stickers. A simple border was doodled with the white Sharpie to complete the page. I love how this page turned out with the blue gradation and the white doodling plus using these fabulous stencils. Happy!

Thanks for joining me today! If you haven't already joined our wonderful Art Journal Adventure Facebook group, you can do that here. We would love to have you play along with us and it's a lovely group of art-minded people to hang out with, learn from, and be inspired by. If you join now, you'll have a better idea if you want to play along in 2017.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie



1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

I absolutely love this! The shaded blues are so bright and vibrant. Love the flowers and the lovely patterns! Great work.