Thursday, December 15, 2016

Santa says....


Hi everyone! The other day I stopped by Sassy Cheryl's Stamps to check out Cheryl's retiring stamps and a whole bunch of retiring and not-retiring stamps fell into my cart. I had a lovely time browsing her images which I hadn't coloured for quite a while (no idea why!) and fell in love with her style all over again.The image I coloured for this Christmas card is called Better Not Pout. Is he not the cutest with that little wink and big ol' stache?


I coloured Santa with a mix of Polychromos and Prismacolor pencils. He was fussy cut leaving my usual white border. He was then matted with black card stock and fussy cut leaving a narrow black border to help him stand out against the background. Foam tape was used to pop him up and create a natural shadow.


A layered frame was cut out from designer paper and dark red coloured pencil was used to shade on the red next to the green. A black mat was cut slightly larger than the red rectangle and the red/green frame was adhered to it. A small rectangle of Christmas music designer paper was cut to fit inside the frame opening while still leaving some black showing. The entire stack was then adhered to a white card base. Small white buttons threaded with red were added to each green corner. The sentiment was stamped on white, die cut and matted with red card stock. The inside of the open letters were coloured with green marker and the edge of the label was faux stitched with black to repeat the stitching on the green layer.

Thanks for stopping by today. Santa will be moving you to the good list now...LOL Stay tuned for more projects with these sweet images. I see an altered children's board book in my future ;)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie


No comments: