Friday, April 28, 2017

Lil Miss Moody 1481 ~ A Sandra Caldwell New Release


Hi everyone! It's Friday and that means new release day at Sandra Caldwell's Etsy shop, Babycakes Digis and Designs.  This week I played with an image called Lil Miss Moody 1481. I just love the expression on her face...been there, felt that. To me, she looks like she wants to be anywhere but where she is doing what she has to do.


I coloured Lil Miss Moody with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, adding in a little Sharpie White waterbased paint pen for the highlights. I've also been playing with eye colour lately and I love the addition of brown around the pupils of her baby blues. She was fuusy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black card stock, and fussy cut again. Foam tape was used to pop her up and create dimension and shadow.


The background was one that I had previously created using some mop-up paper from gel printing. I had used the white card stock to clean blue paint off my brayer and then again to get the last bits of green and pale blue paint off my gel plate. I have no clue how I did the black dots but I suspect it was black paint through a stencil onto my gel plate. The large circle stamps were done with Forget-Me-Not Archival Ink and one of the Stampotique Originals designs from Kate's Doodle Cube. I use it a lot! The green fishtail flags were cut from more clean-up paper from gel printing. They were edged with black Big Brush Pen, doodled on with black pen, and a metallic epoxy star was added to each piece.


The sentiment was printed onto white card stock and cut into individual words. These were then matted with black and popped up on foam tape. A simple border was doodled around the page edge, repeating the pattern from the flag ends.The word "sigh" was added with sparkly stickers because that's what I imaging she is doing. The edge of the background was inked with black Big Brush pen to remove the white edge before a black mat was added , framing the page.

Thanks for joining Lil Miss Moody 1481 and me today. I hope your day is filled with fun things rather than "must-dos". To see more of Sandra's wonderful new releases, all of which will be in the shop later today, and also to see what our talented DT members did with them, be sure to drop by Sandra Caldwell Stamp Fans Facebook group, where they will be posted throughout the day. Pop by Sandra's Etsy shop, too, when you get a chance. There are so many fabulous images that you are sure to gain lots of inspiration and add to your wish list.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: