Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Itsy Bitsy File Folders for Junk Journals


Hi everyone! I wanted to create something different from the tags and journalling cards I already had in my embellie stash. I have this very old, rarely used Cuttlebug File Folder die which creates a tiny folder that is 1.75 x 2.5 inches once folded. I thought folders cut from kraft cardstock, decorated on the front, and holding a little "pad" of coffee dyed papers would suit what I wanted.


I cut a dozen of the folders, inked around all edges inside and out, and used a bone folder to make a crisp fold on the perforated lines. Then I had a blast decorating the fronts.


I used the tags and bits and pieces which I had cut mainly from Graphic 45 Children's Hour 6 x 6 pad and matted all but one with black cardstock to help them stand out. They were an ideal size and theme for the focals and looked cute with tiny brads inserted through the holes. I also used scraps of designer or book paper to create some layering and interest.


Coffee dyed cheesecloth scraps added texture on some of the folders. Tiny punched flowers of various colours and with blingy centers were used as part of several designs. Tiny butterfly and bee stickers created more detail and extended the nature theme.


Each folder was given a Chit Chat Sticker as a label for the folder and an Idea-ology Mini Paperclip to keep the folder closed when tucked into a pocket.


To add a bit of journalling space in these little folders, I cut coffee dyed paper into 1.25 x 2.25 inch rectangles and glued three together at the tops only. The little notepads were then adhered to the inside of the folder with the TH Tiny Attacher stapler as shown below.


I love how these little folders turned out and think they will make a sweet addition to any junk journal. Besides that, they were a lot of fun to create! I call that win/win :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Jane S said...

Bonnie this is exactly the kind of project I love and you took it to such a beautiful level! Such a great idea. Thank you again.